IT Business Analyst, Eastern Hemisphere
Information Technology, Business Systems
Works closely with the business system users to clearly identify and resolve existing issues. Work to optimize the use of information technology to improve business operations. Examines business processes and guides system use. May guide reengineering projects, specify system requirements, conduct feasibility studies, conduct training sessions, make software recommendations and assist with implementations.
Supervisor, Application Analysis / Application Support
Manager Business Systems
Travel to other locations as required
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes current business processes and assists users in making best use of systems.
- Evaluates data and process issues, trouble-shooting systems and incorporating solutions as required.
- Make recommendations on reengineering on a process by process basis as well as on a system basis.
- Discusses information requirements with managers and users.
- Identifies information needs not currently met by existing software or systems.
- Develops strategies to improve timeliness of information and overall efficiency
- Assesses the cost/benefit of recommended process changes.
- Implements business and software solutions.
- Follows-up with managers and users to ensure compliance with new procedures and effectiveness of new systems.
- Performs post-implementation review.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Sound knowledge of supply chain, planning, inventory and sales operations
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good understanding of existing software
- Above average written and verbal English communication skills
- Self starter with the ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Post secondary education with a Business Degree or Accounting Designation
- At least 4 years related experience.
- APICS certification a plus